Wednesday, 25 January 2017

Pixi - Mattelustre lipstick in Peach Blossom

I swear by Pixi skin care products. The Glow Tonic is a daily addiction, and I cannot get on a plane without the hydrating mists. But this is nothing new to you. For years now, the blogosphere has gone loco over this brand and there are barely any dressing tables left without a little bottle of green and pink. 

I was in Marks & Spencer's topping up on another Glow Tonic supply (of both large and small size) when I noticed a brand new display of cosmetics. "Hmm!" I pondered out loud resulting in the shop assistant to ask me if I was ok. Once I got her off my case, I mesmerised over the pretty selection. 

 

An hour later, I had got the goods and here I sit in front of my MacBook writing about my very first Pixi lipstick. 

But I wish I had more optimistic words to write. As much as it pains me, I wasn't as enthralled over this little stick as I thought I would be. This whole purchase has left me confused.

Confusion no.1 stemmed from the Lipstick description - Mattelustre. Surely this is an oxymoron? Does this mean it's both Matte and shiny? What's even more confusing is that the result is actually neither. The finish resembles more of a solid lip balm that you only take out when your lips are desperately parched and you have no better options. 

 

Confusion no.2 is the colour. The stick itself looks more like a brick-red coral. I thought this would be a lovely, retro peachy orange that is making a splash at the moment, but the result is tame and uninspiring. Yes, Peach Blossom is a pretty colour once on the lips, but it doesn't have the kick I expected it. There's very little peach, and absolutely no blossom. 

Confusion no.3 is that when I have this on, my relatively full lips look thin and lifeless. I have no idea why this is - maybe the combination of the texture and shade, but this isn't the 18th century when thin lips were an aspiration, so I see no reason who would find this appealing. Unless they've time traveled forward 200 years. 

Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: hard to say. A little bit Matte. A little bit traditional lipstick. 

Overall Rating: 1/5 eeek! 

You'll like this if: you're not as fussy as I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...