Sunday, 29 January 2017

Charlotte Tilbury - K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipstick in Valentine

Only yesterday I made a pretty big claim in my blog that my favourite lipstick of 2017 would be Charlotte Tilbury's Pillow Talk. Today, I already regret my words. 

Because today, I tried the "other" most talked about beauty product of January - Charlotte Tilbury's Valentine. 

Named by fans on Twitter, Valentine is a soft nude that borders on baby pink. The colour is pure petal perfection that will take you into Spring in one easy application. Unlike Pillow Talk which is fashioned in Matte Revolution, Valentine is its tamed friend - it has a more traditional, creamy finish that feels glorious on the lips. Even once off, my lips feel refreshed and moisturised as if I've been wearing a lip balm. 

The colour is very similar to my all time favourite MAC lipstick, Fanfare. I love this colour because I feel it's difficult to find it on the High Street. Pale, cool pinks tend to either be too white or too blue, making them look very unnatural - Valentine is the perfect balance between the two. It's definitely more on the blue/white scale than yellow (the picture of the lips is the most accurate to what it looks like), so if like me you're no golden goddess  and are more Snow Bunny than Sun Bunny, this pink is your ideal one. 

After a couple of years of only wearing Matte Revolution, Valentine has made me take the detour back to K.I.S.S.I.N.G, and I'm liking this journey. 

 

Colour Intensity: medium 

Finish: creamy, shine, moisturising 

Overall Rating : 5/5 - I take back what I said about Pillow Talk (although I love that too!)

You'll like this if: you like MAC's Fanfare, and want a beautiful, cool pale pink that doesn't look as white as Claudia Winkleman's, or as pink as Pat Butcher's 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...