Sunday, 13 November 2016

Nars - Velvet Lip Glide in Bound

When I first saw this Nars range advertised, I was a little disappointed. It came across as if it would be another velvet lip style, matte liquid lipstick. One of those that have been done and re-done so many times, I'm completely over it.

But, I was wrong. I swatched a few colours in Space NK on the back of my hand and was surprised to find that even after a few minutes, the texture still stayed soft, moisturising and malleable. 
And that sealed the deal! Without even thinking, I chose Bound and headed to pay.


I haven't looked back since. I may still be a lipstick girl at heart, but this little lip gloss has won me over. So much so that I haven't stopped wearing it this weekend, which for me is a massive deal. I usually swap lipsticks every three hours!

Bound is a gorgeous dusky pink. It actually looks darker when you swatch it on the back of your hand than it does on your lips, so this can easily be passed as a nude. It has beautiful, cool pink undertones which invigorate the natural shade of your lips. 

What I found even more amazing is that despite it having a very creamy, gloss-like texture, this Velvet Lip Glide lasted a long time (two cups of coffee and a bottomless brunch!) 

It must be a big deal for it to turn my head away from the Audacious range, and I strongly endurance you investing in this if you prefer softer lip glosses.


Colour Intensity: low to medium

Finish: gloss

Overall Rating: 5/5

You'll like this if: you want to embrace anti-matte lipsticks again

Perfect for: every occasion! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...