Monday, 7 November 2016

MAC - Lustre lipstick in Where No Man Has Gone Before

When I have mentioned the name of this lipstick to people, they seem to automatically go into two groups. Group 1 are the ones who take it at face value and consider the name to be something to do with the unknown, adventures and galaxies far, far away. 

The second group have a vastly different opinion. For some reason they automatically see the name as suitable to a woman who is hard to get. To be honest, I'm sceptical about this latter group so I'm sticking with group 1 - Where No Man Has Gone Before is a stunning, unique colour that is very difficult to find.



I'm not sure if it's just vey much within my attention, but I feel like metallic, glimmering lipsticks are absolutely everywhere! This particular one is a blend of peachy pinkness with a sheen of pearly gold. It really is beautiful when you apply it. On my lips, the pink tones seem to outshine the peach, so it feels cooler, but it's the pearlescent finish that adds the special effect. As you move in the light, the colour changes, giving it a futuristic holographic effect.



I adore this Star Trek inspired colour - I'm just very sad that it's limited edition.

Colour Intensity: low

Finish: Lustre -  high shine, moisturising, pearly effect

Overall Rating: 5/5

You'll like this if: you're inspired by sci-fi chic! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...