Saturday, 6 February 2016

Lipstick Queen - Bete Noire lipstick in Possessed Intense

The final one in the collection. This will surprise a lot of you but Possessed Intense may be my least favourite Lipstick Queen lipstick ever. 

It's not that I didn't like the beautiful blackberry colour, the high-end aubergine packaging or the rich vitamin E formula; I can't quite put my finger on it but everything with this lipstick was just a little bit "too". Too dark, too shiny, too transferable.

Just like the others in the Bete Noire collection, Possessed Intense is dark but holds the darkest powers of them all - once you apply, your lips are loaded in a rich colour of midnight plum that is striking and at times a bit scary. 

I love dark reds and do not fear experimenting with bright lip colours, but on me this shade resembled more of a Halloween /dress-up, than catwalk couture. 

I imagine that on darker skins this would look beautiful, but against my fair skin it looked very witch-like.

Colour Intensity: high - probably won't get higher than this 

Finish: glossy blackberry, very moisturising but colour does transfer

Overall Rating: 2/5

You'll like this if: you're a night vixen and can pull off deeply dark tones 

Perfect with: a soft, nude look on face and eyes. Let the lips do the talking here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...