Sunday, 28 February 2016

Kevyn Aucoin in Ariabelle

If you really read into the name of the lipstick, you might say that's it's two names joined together - Aria from Game of Thrones and Belle from Beauty and the Beast. Both characters have girly innocence, but fiercely loyal. Or, it's not named after them at all and there's a completely different story behind it, but I like to personify the lipstick this way :-)

This is the first Kevyn Aucoin lipstick I have purchased, which is weird considering 78% of my salary goes to Space NK where Kevyn Aucoin have a gorgeous counter.

After much deliberation, I chose Ariabelle - this beautiful cool, pink that suits a fair skin tone so well. Apart from the perfectly pinky hue and the great moisturising feel, what I love about this lipstick is the smell. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it smells fruity sweet which is ideal for Summer.

Ariabelle is on the pricey side, but this won't put me off purchasing another Kevyn Aucoin lipstick - the texture and colour is a great everyday alternative for me. 

Colour Intensity: medium

Finish: silky, moisturising feel with a sheen

Overall Rating: 4/5

You'll like this if: you want a pink that's great for cool, fair skin tones

Perfect for: Everyday wear, date night, casual weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...