Sunday, 27 September 2015

Lipstick Queen - 7 Deadly Sins Lip Gloss in Avarice

As always, you cannot go wrong with a Lipstick Queen purchase, so when I first heard that there would be a brand new shiny, glossy collection, I was over the moon and already planning which of my 7 Deadly Sins I would be collecting.

Avarice was not on my list. For those of you who haven't recently brushed up on 18th century English, avarice means greed. The colour that Lipstick Queen have represented for this is a deep peach - more terracotta that looks lush on lips. 

The colour reminds me of Nars' Chelsea Girl which is why I wanted it as soon as I saw it (plus the fact that Space NK had not quite stocked up on the rest of the range yet). 

The colour is very warm, so it enhances a muted complexion and the finish itself is non-sticky which I 100% condone in a lip gloss. 

The colour intensity is very good - one swipe is all you need to be ready to go. If you layer too much, you will end up with a glossy pencil line surrounding your lips, which you do not need.

Oh, and it comes in a great packaging so it's perfect for a gift...or if you want to treat yourself.

Colour Intensity: high

Finish: High gloss and no stickiness 

Overall Rating: 4/5

You'll like this if: you like nudes but want something a bit warmer and daring 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...